Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone is set to play a major role in the development of the West African
oil and gas industry with a unique package of incentives and strategic advantages unrivalled throughout the rest
of the sub-region. Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, located about 30km from Port Harcourt, offers an easy way to do
business for companies involved in the West African oil and gas industry.
Ideally located in the heart of the Gulf of Guinea region, the Nigerian government has resolved
to create a strategic centre of excellence and efficiency for all oil operating companies and service and equipment
suppliers. A range of financial incentives are available to investors looking to set up operations within the
Free Zone similar to those offered by other successful Free Zones throughout the world. The Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone
also offers a whole range of other strategic benefits to companies specifically within the oil and gas sector.
Among the general incentives offered by the Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone are quick and simple registration procedures;
no red tape; faster services; easy cargo customs clearing procedures; plus fast track procedures at Lagos and
Port Harcourt international airports for all visiting and Free Zone expatriate personnel.
In other markets around the world, Free Zones have been instrumental in boosting industrial and economic growth and
Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone is designed to strengthen Nigeria’s future role in the regional oil and gas industry.
Among the advantages for Nigeria in establishing the Free Zone are greater levels of foreign direct investment;
technology transfer; manpower development; provision of employment opportunities and greater economic self-reliance.
The Nigerian government has been investing heavily in the infrastructure to support the Free Zone
and is determined to see the facility grow into a major hub of activity. Supporting the region’s energy industry,
it is located close to major projects such as the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas plant at Bonny
Island but within easy reach of offshore developments further a field.
Standard Free Zone Incentives
- 100% Import and Export Tax Exemption
- 100% Exemption from Commercial Levies
- 100% Repatriation of Capital and Profits
- 100% Foreign Company Ownership
- Leases available from 5 to 21 years
- No Quotas for Expatriate Employees
- No Corporate Taxes
- No V.A.T.
- No With–Holding taxes
- No Levies
Specific Onne Advantages
- Customs privileges for goods consigned to Onne Oil and Gas Free Zone, including Goods in Transit to other West African Territories.
- No pre-shipment inspection – Goods are not consigned to Nigeria
- Duty Free Stock, Equipment, Spare Parts, Pipes
- No double handling in and out of Nigeria
- Access to major projects On-shore, Off-shore and Regionally
- Cost Efficient Operations
- Sophisticated Oil Service Centre Support
Logistics Centre For West Africa
- Easy Clearing Process
- Duty Free Status for Imports
- Pre-shipment Inspection in the Free Zone
- Duties paid on Goods Exported to Nigeria
- Sea - Air Logistics
- No red tape - faster services
- Minimal Bureaucracy
- Easy Registration